Helping Boys Thrive Summits®
The National Center for the Development of Boys has partnered with the Gurian Institute to provide one day professional development and networking events for parents, educators, professionals and other community stakeholders. Helping Boys Thrive Summits® feature nationally recognized researchers and practitioners who share science-based strategies for improving the lives of boys.
Questions the Summit Can Answer
- Why are boys falling behind in so many aspects of life, including school?
- What do boys need and how are boys needed in their world?
- What is normal development of a boy from infancy to college age?
- How can we best protect the emotional lives of boys and young men?
- What do boys specifically need from moms and dads as they develop?
- What do boys need from grandparents and other mentors?
- How does screen time and technology use affect brain development and behavior?
- How do we best deal with bullying and most effectively end male violence?
- What are the best ways for counselors and therapists to work with males?
- What rites of passage are needed for boys?
Stay tuned for more information about upcoming conferences.