Boys are very capable, but they often struggle with multitasking and managing transitions. “Are you finished yet?” “How did you finish so quickly?” Boys may hear these questions on a regular basis … often on the same day. It can be confusing and down right frustrating for everyone involved.
Thoughtful parents, educators, and coaches motivate boys to accomplish tasks by:
- Empowering boys to help set expectations.
- Creating clear parameters.
- Sharing and exploring models of excellence.
- Creating a competive environment.
- Utilizing time effectively.
Tip 4 illustrates one way to get boys to complete tasks on time, without losing your mind. Enjoy!